Monday, January 08, 2007

Is this kid a genius or is it just me?

Maggie has 20-30 words in her vocabulary including "apple," "pretty", and "teacher". That last one she said tonight while Grant was reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". Do you know this book? You know, "Teacher, teacher, what do you see?" We asked Maggie "Where is the teacher?" and she pointed to the picture of the teacher and said, "Teacher".

And for those of you who haven't heard this story a million times by now, a few days ago I put a hair bow on her and she immediately said "pretty!" I'm sure she picked this up because in my unflagging attempt to coerce her into hairbow wearing, whenever I put a bow on her I tell her how pretty she looks with it. Of course, her saying it was pretty didn't lengthen the time she wore it before she ripped it from her hair.

And in unrelated, non-Maggie news, I'm going to have to warn you against watching The Weather Man. Grant and I just finished it and it makes me depressed and sleepy (not necessarily in that order). That doesn't stop Grant from watching the extra features, however! All right, it's 10:23 and it's officially my bed time. Good night!

One more thing...here's a few months old photo of Maggie right before she went into the studio to finish her first rap album.

No comments: