Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Some Christmas photos...and it's still December!

Boy, I must really be on top of my game now. Actually, I just have these photos to post b/c Benton just e-mailed them to me! Here is Maggie with her Poppy and Mimi's Christmas tree. Here she is trying to play a bugle instrument that hangs on their tree. She came up with a pretty jazzy rendition of "Joy to the World".
Grant hung some Christmas lights on our front porch and when we took Maggie out there to see them for the first time she audibly gasped and said, "It's MAGICAL!" That's a reaction that'll make you feel good about your light-hanging skills.

I also have to report that her hitting, pushing and biting has really decreased lately so please feel free to send your small children over to play without fear of bodily harm. I made a chart and rewarded her for all of her positive behavior and it has made a world of difference. She still has a few times where she pushes or hits but they're much fewer now.

Speaking of hitting...she has a friend at the YMCA nursery named Jack (maybe she just likes him b/c he has the same name as her cousin). Jack is about 1 1/2 and apparently has a really hard time at the Y if Maggie isn't there. The other day we walked in and his mom said, "Thank goodness you're here. He wouldn't stop crying but he'll be fine now that Maggie is here." I was really happy and thought how great it was that Maggie is so sweet to him. I went to get her name tag and sign-in sheet and when I walked back the mom had left and Maggie was hitting Jack repeatedly on the back of his head! Of course I stopped her immediately but now I wonder if Jack just likes being bossed around and treated roughly. It is also possible that Maggie is usually sweet to him and was treating him bad that day for some reason. But despite this story she really is doing better with hitting!

1 comment:

Amanda Conley said...

That's pretty funny about Jack and Maggie! Oh, and I had a great time at your house the other night!