Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big & Little Baby Cousins

Here is the photo of Finn and his 1-day-old (in this photo) cousin, Lily Kate. He looks gigantic and she looks teeny!
Two quick Maggie stories -
Yesterday there was a mosquito in the house and Maggie wanted Grant to kill it. She said, "Die that mosquito, Daddy! Die it!" After Grant took care of it she immediately said, "Why did God make mosquitoes? I can just imagine someone telling Him, 'make mosquitoes, make mosquitoes, God.'" Grant and I thought it was a good question. Why DID God make mosquitoes?

The same day I had put an outgrown baby swing in the back of my car to give away. Maggie and I were looking out of our window and saw the swing rocking back and forth by itself. I said, "We better go investigate that swing." She asked why and I said, "Well, it's swinging back and forth by itself and either I accidentally turned it on, or it's possessed." She said, "Oh! It's possessed, I know it's possessed. What does possessed mean?" I don't know if that one translates well to being read, but her delivery was just perfect. She was so confident it was possessed, even if she didn't know what it meant!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So crazy. He seems so huge compared to her!

Cole said...

Look at those sweet babies!