Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Mother's Day

I had a pretty great Mother's Day this year. On actual Mother's Day my mom and sister and their spouses/kids came over for lunch and it was lots of fun. I told my family I think the best Mother's Day present is to have a day where you get to enjoy all the sweet parts of being a mom without having to do any of the yucky stuff- disciplining, diapers, etc. And sleeping in in the morning. Unfortunately Grant had gotten back into town very late Saturday night so I wasn't able to sleep in, so we decided to postpone our Mother's Day by one day. So on Monday morning he let me sleep in while he made a fun breakfast, plus we got to go out to lunch together and they gave me some sweet gifts. My very very favorite gifts are the two videos Grant made for me. I literally laughed and cried at each one. I had something weird happen while I was watching them - I pictured myself like how Clark Griswold is in "Christmas Vacation", sitting around, watching the video when I'm in my 50's, and crying because I can't believe that time has passed. But it wasn't depressing to me, it really just made me appreciate where I am and the age of my kids and everything they're doing right now. Even though we have our struggles I know I'll always miss these days when they're gone. I just think I have the best little family!

Mothers Day 2010 from Howardyoudoing on Vimeo.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I am laughing and crying with you! That is the sweetest thing in the whole wide world. Thank you Grant for making the treasure for us to have forever. Oh my goodness...how precious!

Amanda Conley said...

Too cute and sweet! I love your videos.