Sunday, January 29, 2012

Funnest Dad Ever & a bunch of other random things

I think I mentioned that Grant built a swing set for the kids for Christmas, as a gift from us; Grant's parents; Grant's brother and sister-in-law, Blake and Jenny; and a coming-soon swing from Grandma Mathis. Here are Carolina and Finn playing around on it on a chilly day earlier this month. It was 42 degrees but in the sun it felt warm enough to play outside. We've been outside playing on the swing set nearly every day since Christmas!

Carolina loves it, too.
And here is proof that my kids have the funnest dad ever:
A random Finn funny:
We were discussing the fact that he was a boy and Daddy was a boy and I asked him what I was, and he said, "BOY!" I said, "I'm not a boy, I'm a girl!" to which he retorted, "You're not a girl, you're a MAMA!"

Here is Carolina at the downtown library a few weekends ago. We went for the puppet show (non-locals, they do such fun story times and marionette shows at our main library, that I think I would go sometimes even if I didn't have kids! But the other parents there might think you were a pervert if you showed up with no kids. Just a thought.). Carolina wanted to walk around which doesn't work well in a dark room crowded with children, so we went out into the lobby of the children's section. She climbed up into this kooky chair.
She is still a crazy climber. She figured out how to pull out a chair from the kitchen table, climb up the chair, and then stand on the table. Once up there she dances around. She's only 15 months old! And here are a few more funny things she's said lately: "kooky brother," "want it first" (guess where she picked that one up from?) and "mean mom." Seriously, her siblings are teaching her so many crazy things.

1 comment:

Mother/Mimi said...

..."want it first...?"...got it from her Mama? ;) since you're a mean mom and all!