Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Carolina at Fifteen Months

Carolina at fifteen months is awfully fun but with a few challenges. She is still talking a lot, is running around everywhere, is finally growing some hair (I'm dying to put a bow in there) and even can sing about seven or eight songs (Happy Birthday, Twinkle, Twinkle, etc.) As soon as Grant comes home she runs over to him, bats her eyes, and says, "Heeyyyyy, Daddy." She loves him a lot, and she loves me a lot...sometimes maybe too much. Not really, but every day from around 4-6 (when I'm trying to work on dinner, tidying up before Grant comes home, and am already kinda crabby from taking care of the kids all day) she just wants to be held constantly. If I put her down, she cries until I pick her back up again. Have you ever tried to scrub and chop carrots with one hand while holding a baby on your hip? I don't recommend it. It's actually not safe at all. So it kind of wears me out.
But the other 22 hours of the day she is pretty much as sweet and cuddly as a little baby sloth.
See?Here she found Finn's hat, put it on, toddled over to me and said, "Look. Finn's hat."
After these last two photos you will think all I ever do is feed her chocolatey treats. Here she is with a tiny mug of hot (warm) chocolate.And here she is after eating a chocolate croissant from Provence in the downtown library. As soon as she swallowed her first bite she declared, "Like it."
Oh, and for the grandmas, here are her stats from her 15-month appointment:
Height- 31", 65 percentile (I actually think she's taller than this; she was a little scrunched up.)
Weight 22 lb, 13 oz, 50 percentile)
She got two immunizations and only cried after the second one.

2 comments:

Christin Pounds said...

Haha, I love this, I can't wait to squeeze her in a couple of weeks! I have been making a list over the past several weeks titled, "things I can do with one hand". So, I know what you are talking about! Cutting an apple is on there. So is putting up a shower curtain.

Mother/Mimi said...

Who doesn't love Sweet Carolina! She's a sweet little love girl!!! Love her so much!!!