Friday, June 15, 2012

More Summer Fun

We've done a lot of fun things this summer that weren't on our summer bucket list. They're all small things, really, but I think we're making lots of sweet memories.

We've had frozen yogurt with Poppy and Carolina got so drippy that I had to strip her down to a diaper! Redneck much?

One day I covered the kitchen table in white paper, stripped the kids down, and gave them a pile of magic markers. They only got a little bit of ink on themselves and made a great masterpiece.
We've gone swimming with Grandaddy (my dad)

 and Nonna (my dad's lovely wife, Elizabeth). Notice the unplanned matching swimsuits!

We rode up 26 floors in a glass elevator looking out at the city (we went up and down 15 or 20 times).
 Finn was there, too, but for some reason isn't in any photos.

We've protected our eyes from UV rays.

And experimented with headbands, which unfortunately didn't last long.
 We've had play dates with cousins, and held their hand.

Maggie's worked on her babysitting skills by "putting the little kids to bed." Sorry it's sideways. Yes, they're all naked and yes, that's the living room floor.
And we did the somewhat too-realistic DinoTrek exhibit at the Nashville Zoo. The dinosaurs moved and growled. It was really interesting but the scene where one dinosaur is shown standing on top of bloody carcass and the smell of rotting meat is pumped in was a little much. No, I'm not kidding.

At the end there were sandboxes with pretend dinosaur bones and the kids could help excavate them with shovels and brushes. That was my kids' favorite part.


Like I said the other day...best summer ever!

2 comments:

Christin Pounds said...

Whoa, what's with piping in rank meat smell?? They are going for realism I guess! Great pictures, our kids would have so much fun together, I wish we could swim and color and excavate with you!

Amanda Conley said...

Looks like a fun summer! I'm glad you posted about the Dino trek. I didn't know if it would be cool or not, but I think I'll take my kids this week.