Our Summer List said we must paint rocks to put in our garden, so of course we painted rocks! First we fetched about 15 rocks from my friend Tiffany's creek, then we brought them home and the kids scrubbed them. After they dried outside we set to work. Carolina painted one rock and quickly lost interest. Finn immediately mixed all of his paint colors together, making a lovely shade of gray, which he then painted on his rock which was naturally colored gray. Maggie painted about ten of them with rainbows, hearts, and other girly designs. I painted several of them to use as garden markers (cucumbers, basil, etc.). Now there are about two feet of colorful, rock-lined path down our vegetable garden.
We went back to Cheekwood for a Coal Train Railroad concert and for Maggie and Grant to see the treehouses.
I promised in my last Cheekwood post that I would try to take better photographs that show the entire treehouse and not just close-ups of my cute kids. Here are Grant and Carolina on the steps up to the Walden treehouse. I just loved these stairs!
Here's a shot of the entire treehouse. So cute!
The Lord of the Flies tree house wasn't much of a TREE house but it was cool.
Here's a sign for the conch shell (Lord of the Flies) treehouse. I didn't see it the last time or I wouldn't have wondered why it was a giant conch shell! Immediately after reading it I remembered the conch shell's importance in that book.
The fish tree house:
And inside:
The outside of The Hobbit tree house. The living wall was cool.
The Salman Rushdie (forgot the book title) that gave me palpitations since it was suspended over the water.
The concert was supposed to be outside and we packed a picnic dinner. It was 105 degrees that night but by golly, it was on our list, so we were going to brave the insane weather, but when we got there, the gate attendant told us it had been relocated inside. Hooray!
As soon as we got out of our car I noticed this very fit woman with her two little boys and I immediately realized it was Sheryl Crow. We kept running into them all over Cheekwood. I wonder if she thought it would be a good time for them to go since surely it would be deserted on such a crazy hot day.
At the Coal Train Railroad concert we happily ate our picnic at chairs in the air conditioning. While we were eating we looked behind us and noticed Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were sitting there with their two little girls. What a funny Nashville thing to happen!
Much more importantly, however, my kids loved the concert and had a great time. Finn couldn't stop dancing and Carolina did her share of dancing, too. Maggie sat very still and intently watched the entire show with great interest.
Finn was a blur with all his dancing.
And if you want more cuteness, check out this video of Finn dancing.
2 comments:
Awesome! I would be sch a celebrity nerd and act all awkward around Nicole and Cheryl. I doubt if I would be able to enjoy the concert if they were sitting behind me!
I love the backlit photo of Carolina! Beautiful! I love that teeny girl too! And I want to go see the tree houses! That
looks like my kind of fun!!!
Post a Comment