Please crane your neck for this photo. I feel really stupid, but as you've seen before, I really can't figure out how to make these vertical photos post correctly. Sorry. Anyway, this is Maggie in one of Grant's shirts. She loves to wear our clothes and shoes.
This photo is from a cool morning a few weeks ago when I was making a Starbucks run and Grant stayed home with Maggie.
This is Maggie on the wedge mat. She's kind of learned how to do a somersault. When I say kind of I mean that I roll her body up into a ball and push her down the mat. Just kidding! She can do it mostly on her own with a little guidance.
And this is on the balance beam with a little help from Grant:
quesadilla, gymnastics, cinnamon, sweet potatoes, Tiffany, chocolate, tomatoes, gnome (not big but funny), pancakes, Mexico, and Texas.
She's also singing a lot. We went to a birthday party a few weeks ago and then she started singing "Happy Birthday to You." It took us days to figure out where she had learned it but she got it after hearing it once at the party! Her other current favorites are "How Much is that Doggy In the Window" (with mostly made-up lyrics by me), "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", "Wheels on the Bus", and "If You're Happy and You Know It" (which she calls "Happy Know It"). Sometimes I feel like a one-woman show and I would be so embarassed if anyone ever saw/heard me. Actually, this is embarassing to even write. Oh well; it makes her happy.
She still loves to run everywhere. About ten times a day she brings me her shoes and says, "Walk around?"
If we are driving and she sees the downtown skyline she says, "Daddy's office!"
There's a nursery worker named Amanda at the YMCA nursery who Maggie loves.
I guess when she changes a dirty diaper she says, "Shoowee! Stinky!" Now whenever Maggie has a dirty diaper she says "Shoowee Manda! Dirty diaper!" And if the feeling of the dirty diaper bothers her she says "Diaper hurting!"
Hopefully this long blog will make up for my lackluster blogging over the last few weeks!
1 comment:
I love the pictures of Maggie at gymnastics. And she has on that little outfit that is one of my absolute favorites!!! Too cute.
The picture of her in Grant's T shirt reminds me of you girls when you all were that age...guess it runs in the family!!! Love, Mimi
Post a Comment