As you read from the title, I'm still here! I've had a few minor setbacks but things are looking up. The day that they put me on "
Liquids", rather than "
Clear Liquids" I ate about 1 cup of creamy soup and a little jello and was really uncomfortable all night long. I barely slept because my stomach hurt so badly. I told my dr the next day and he said, "Okay, we're pulling you back to sips of clear liquid (a demotion even from clear liquids)." He also said that there's one more little setback which I won't get into here b/c I'm not sure how much you want to know! He said I could be here one more day or 2 more weeks, at which point I started crying because I'm SOOOOO ready to go home and am missing Maggie and Grant so badly. That was yesterday and today I've been on Clear Liquids again and have been walking tons, trying to get my digestive system to wake up! Things are improving and so I hope tomorrow morning he'll be able to give me a better idea of when I can expect to go home.
So to recount: since Tuesday, July 17 at 3:30pm all I've had to eat is jello, chicken broth, juice, ice chips and one delicious cup of creamy soup. I've lost several pounds and am really looking forward to milkshakes and my number one craving since I've been here: PANCAKES! (Did I mention this already? I'm seriously hungry now.)
I was thinking, in case you're wondering what the
spleen does, or the
pancreas, or what information is available online about my
solid pseudopapillary tumor, here are some links!
Here are a few photos of my recent trip to New Orleans with my mom to visit my sister Lindsay and her husband Jim (and their daughter/dog, Yippie). Here we are eating Cajun food and the BEST cornbread I have ever eaten.

Here we are outside of La Madeleine, a yummy French restaurant we like. We basically ate our way through New Orleans.

Here is my loony sister, Lindsay, with Jim. She's a good self-photographer, huh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment