Saturday, July 21, 2007

Update on my health

Just wanted to let you know the latest news on my health. I was told yesterday that although I'm recovering very well and speedily, they still expect me to stay until Monday or Tuesday. I'm really rooting for Monday. I've been walking around a lot more and I know that will help. As of today I'm allowed to eat clear liquids which means that for brunch I had chicken broth, grape juice, lemon jello, and a lemon ice dessert. They also brought coffee, which I was excited about, but I couldn't have cream, so what's the point? Does anyone else think that coffee, grape juice and lemon jello are not so much clear liquids?

Anyway, otherwise I'm just recovering more and feeling better every day. I've read about five books and am really enjoying my reading vacation (well...enjoying the reading part and not much else)!

2 comments:

Cole said...

bad friend, me...
we had some things come up this weekend and turned out nuts here.
i'm so glad you're doing ok, i hope you're not too bored. have you picked up sudoku yet? as for the clear liquids...yummm..i remember that day for me! the next day, i endulged on a milkshake! so, i will call you monday, know you've been in my prayers and i'm sure it's been hard being away from home and your family. See you soon!
elise

Whitney said...

I'm so glad you posted updates here Courtney. I've been wondering when the surgery was, how it went, etc... I'll bet that Maggie is really anxious for you to get back home! I know that being in the hospital is not much fun - so get home soon! I'll call and check on you in a day or so. And thanks for the post on my blog - you are too kind! Give my love to the family.
Whit.