I just wanted to tell you about Maggie's latest milestone. The day after her party Grant was swinging Maggie on her new swing when he thought he should try spinning her around in it. She loved it so she asked him to keep spinning her. After a minute he stopped but she asked for more! This happened several times. Finally Grant saw her looking a little green and said, "okay, we're done!" and got her out of the swing. We went inside and Maggie started crying. We couldn't figure out why she was crying until she coughed her very distinct "I'm-about-to-vomit" cough. We got her a bowl just in time! So, yes, Maggie has officially hit the "Spin-around-until-you-vomit" milestone!
Today we went to a cool new playground and when we left Maggie got very upset because she wanted to stay longer. She cried for several minutes and when I tried to distract her by talking about something else she said, "No, mama. I'm so sad and I don't want to stop crying!" She basically cried the rest of the way home and snapped out of it as soon as we got out of the car.
3 comments:
I shouldn't be laughing about your sweet daughter's throw-up mishap...but, I can't help it.
On another note, if she's gonna be so emotional, it sure is a good thing that she is able to express it in words! (I'm really ready for Emet to use some more words!)
Courtney~
I am so glad to know about your blog so I can stay up-to-date with you guys! The polka-dot party sounded fabulous. Also, I do love the throw-up story, esp. since you got a bowl out in time!
Maggie is so cute and I love that she is already able to verbalize her feelings so well!!!
see you tonight :)
~anna~
That is too funny!
I hope she doesn't teach Cole how to do that! I love her new toys, too. Just think of all the funny stories you'll keep adding....
Post a Comment