Here's a (old!) photo of Maggie wearing a hand-me-down princess dress from Emme Dupree along with our homemade Advent calendar. Growing up we always had an advent calendar and every Christmas we would take turns putting one ornament a day up on the Christmas tree advent calendar. I always wanted to have the same tradition for Maggie but all the pre-made ones I could find were green and red. Our Christmas decorations are white, silver, and ice blue and our living room is in blues and browns, so red and green just would have looked awful. I finally got my act together to make one for Maggie and we had so much fun at Christmas hanging an ornament each day. It was a great way to count down to Christmas for her. It definitely looks homemade but maybe that's part of its charm :)
Sorry this is so old but I just found it and Carol was really wanting to see it. Carol, this is for you!

She's also been saying some funny things lately. Yesterday when we were checking out at the grocery store she told the cashier, "Bon Voyage!" And when we're eating (and at other, unrelated times) she'll say, "Bon appetiti!" She has a very sweeet book called
"I Love You, Stinky Face" and in it a child asks his mom, "Mama, what if I were a UFO and all I wanted to eat was bug sandwiches?!" His mom says, "I'd make you the best bug sandwich you ever had and I'd tell you 'Bon appetite!'" So Maggie's version is "Bon appetiti" which I almost prefer.
At the "bon voyage" grocery store I was carrying around a cup of coffee when Maggie decided she wanted to race. I told her I would race her but I probably wouldn't be very fast because I had my coffee cup. She said, "It's okay, mama. I'll hold it. I'm a grown up."
If nothing else she keeps us laughing!
2 comments:
I love the calendar! Props for making one. I had one too, when I was little, mine was a paper house, I wish we still had it.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Glad you finally posted your calendar! It's too cool not to share!
Post a Comment