Tuesday, June 24, 2008

South Dakota wedding photos

Here are some photos, finally! There are tons better from the wedding photographer but I'm guessing it'll be a while before I can put them on here... We somehow managed to escape without taking a picture of Maggie wearing her wreath of flowers in her hair. It doubled the cuteness factor :)

Let's set the scene with a photo of the ceremony location on Kajsa's family's ranch. (By the way, her name is Swedish and is pronounced "Kye-zuh.") Here's Chris, gazing at the stage before everything was all set up for the wedding. Everything in South Dakota was very...vast. It was really pretty, especially where their ranch was located.

Now I think we need to see the bride and groom:
Now here are Benton and Chris. Check out the boutonnieres (I made them along with help from my mom and Erin.) They were wheat and hypericum berries. I think they turned out really cool but I wish Chris' was on straight!

Here's Maggie eating a strawberry at the reception. While in South Dakota we also ate beef, beef, and more beef :)

It was pretty bright out there! I got a little sunburned that day. Thank goodness I put sunscreen on Maggie.

Me and my mom and sissies! I promise we were all fully clothed.
Cracking up at my mom's best friend, Ruth. I like this picture and wish she were in it. By the way, everyone in the bridal party was required to dance. If you know me at all you know how torturous this was. It felt like junior high all over again!
We saw a lot of animals in South Dakota and we city folk were mighty impressed by the chickens, horses, cows, pheasant, and deer.
Gorgeous even when she's making a goofy face. If I do say so.

5 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

great pictures! The one of you laughing and the one of Maggie eating the strawberry are my favorites.

Benton said...

As usual ... Sir Grant has an eye for great pictures .....

Great job and great post Court! We did have a wonderful memory that won't be forgotten - didn't we?!

Benton / Poppy!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job guys! I didn't know someone was spying on me while I was "gazing at the stage" :)) Thanks so much for posting those, and yes, you do have the most beautiful daughter on this planet! Love you!

Cole said...

Looks like you had a fun time! The photos are great, although, I would like to have seen one with Maggie in her full FG attire! Hope you guys are doing well!

Mother/Mimi said...

These pictures are so great. I love the one of CW staring at the platform, the last one of Maggie and that one of you laughing. That is so "you" and it captured you perfectly. I'm thrilled to have the one of the four of us "girls" too! Love you!