With Maggie we tried halfheartedly to get her to take a pacifier, and she wasn't ever really interested. We tried about as hard with Finn, and he would take it but only if you held it in the whole time, which really doesn't seem worth it to me. A few weeks ago he started sucking his thumb which I find to be SO CUTE although I've been warned that it's even harder to break this habit than the pacifier habit. In a way, though, I'm a bit glad about it as it's pretty hard to lose your own thumb in the middle of the night, unlike a pacifier. And, let's be honest, the cute factor weighs pretty heavily in this one (although it's not like I can make him NOT suck his thumb at this point).

By the way, we had another appointment with Finn's geneticist and he got another great report. He weighed in this time at 15 lbs, 8 oz and 25 inches long, which puts him at about 65th and 55th percentile, respectively. He seems huge to me and everyone always comments on his size, so I was surprised he was actually pretty average (of course I mean size only, not cuteness or sweetness, or intelligence, obviously).
Here's another photo of Maggie at her last swim lesson. She's staring wistfully at the water, wanting to get back in.

This looks more like typical Maggie at her swim lessons:

Yesterday I was driving her to school and as I was getting on the interstate I realized I had left my phone at home and exclaimed, "Oh no!" Maggie asked what was wrong and I told her.
"Oh, mama," she said calmly, "that's what life is all about."
Not sure I was hearing her correctly I said, "Excuse me? What did you say?"
Sure enough, she repeated, "That's what life is all about."
I asked, "WHAT is life all about?"
She replied, "Well, that's just how life is."
I love it when she's casually philosophical.
3 comments:
They are both so cute! I love you guys!
Now is Maggie going to be 30 on this upcoming birthday?
Your kids are so precious. Sweet Finn...I can't wait to see him in person. And Maggie...what can I say? ...So wise...
Post a Comment