Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not too much exciting around here...just loving life!

We went to Chattanooga this weekend with some friends and on our way there we stopped for a little leg-stretcher in Monteagle/Sewanee, about 45 minutes outside of Chattanooga. There's a beautiful university there and so we went to a coffee shop on campus and walked around the campus a bit. It was completely fogged over and gave the effect of walking in a cloud. I literally couldn't see more than 20 feet ahead of me. Anyway, it was also starting to drizzle a little and Maggie said, "Oh! Is this bleat? Is it bleating?" She meant sleet but I didn't correct her. Then she said something that I can't really type on my blog. She said, "I'm _________" and the word she said was an invented word of her own creation that is a combination of the words "shivering" and "chattering" (because her teeth were chattering). What word do you come up with if you combine the first part of "shivering" and the last part of "chattering"? It was all we could do not to crack up.
Here is Maggie with one of her best friends, Caleb, in Sunday school. Caleb's mom and I teach together and I took this while we were waiting for the other kids to arrive. They weren't even trying to look like each other but it just was so cute I had to surreptitiously photograph it.

Here's a photo of Finn standing in his crib, the little cutie. He still is our little snuggler and gives the best hugs. His current favorite thing to do is give a hug and then snuggle up next to you and wedge his arms in between your body and his like he's just trying to get extra cozy. If you just look at him and start laughing he'll crack up right with you. His hair is ultra fuzzy and he's starting to need a haircut as it goes over his collar in the back. My mom doesn't want me to cut it yet but looking at my baby photos I definitely had a mullet so maybe I shouldn't take her advice? (Love you, Mother.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother/Mimi said...

Hey now...go easy on your mother! (You kinda did have a mullet though and I probably should have cut your hair before I did even though I thought every bit of you was so cute!)

LOVED the picture of Caleb and Maggie...too cute!!

Interesting way to describe Maggie's new vocabulary word!

Lindsay S said...

hahahahaha, that was hilarious what maggie was saying!