Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A slightly different kind of count down

At 34 weeks and 5 days I had a sign of early labor and was put on bed rest by my midwife. It's been almost a week and I'm still pregnant! It's been really dull having to lay around the house all day but on a positive note, not being very active and not carrying/holding my 27 pound baby has really relieved my back pain!

We've been so fortunate to have our wonderful church family bringing us meals and lots of people are helping with childcare - although I've been able to just stay home with both kids most of the time. I lay on the floor in Finn's room and play with them, and when they're bored with that we move into Maggie's room, where I lay on her bed and play, and then we move into the living room when we're tired of that! So I'm really getting relaxed in every room.

As of today I'm 35 weeks and 3 days. I just need to make it to 37 weeks which hits officially on October 10, so if you could just pray that she stays put until then, that would be much appreciated! If I go into labor before then then I'll have to go to the hospital and I won't get to have my sweet home birth that I'm looking forward to.

In other baby news, everything is pretty much ready! Her room is really close to finished, I'm almost done with the owl mobile I'm sewing for her, we have all of the baby gear and clothes we need, and now we just need that sweet little girl! Grant said yesterday that it just hit him that she's almost here and we get to see and hold her. This whole pre-term labor/bed rest thing has made us realize how close we are. I personally am DYING to see if she looks just like her siblings, who look just like each other, in my opinion. AND I can't wait to see if we got another red-headed little girl. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Lindsay S said...

I can't wait to meet her too! And, since you guys produce nothing but beautiful babies, I'm sure this will be no exception. I can't wait!!!!

Amanda Conley said...

I hope you make it to the 10th! It's not far away now. That's Kaleb's birthday, incidentally...

Amanda Conley said...

Are you having the baby? It's 10/10/10...