Friday, July 01, 2011

The Happiest Baby In The World

Seriously, how did I get this happy, happy, happy (did I mention she's happy?) baby?! And how could I be anything but happy when I get to see this face all day?
And I know this photo is very similar to this last one but I'm putting it on here anyway, for my own enjoyment!
About two weeks ago something terrible happened. I should preface this with a little information. My kids and I all sleep with white noise machines in our bedrooms. Our house is teeny but I use a monitor in Carolina's room because I'm afraid I wouldn't hear her through all the white noise machines. (I know my sister Lindsay is rolling her eyes right now. She scoffs at the white noise machines but I do not care. Love you, Linds!) So two weeks ago I went to bed, checked the monitor to make sure it was on, and fell asleep peacefully, expecting Carolina to wake me up around 1am and 4am as she usually did. The next thing I knew I was waking up at 5am in a total panic. It turns out the monitor was on the wrong channel so I could still hear her but it was very faint, and actually couldn't be heard over my darn white noise machine. I ran back to her room but she was sleeping. I was so upset I couldn't go back to sleep and she woke up happily around 6am. I felt like the worst mom in the world, imagining her crying in the night and no one going in to get her. I want to cry right now just writing about it.
HOWEVER...the next night she slept through the night on her own and ever since then she's only been waking up once a night. So I feel bad about it but I am pleased that at least something good came out of it. But still...worst mom ever.

6 comments:

Lindsay S said...

I'm so paranoid that's going to happen to me when I start putting Charles in his own room. But, I'm so glad something good has come of it. Love, love, love those photos! She is def the happiest baby & I love getting to see her sweet smile!

Benton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benton said...

Bad Mom? Nope! Tired Mom of 3 who needs rest? Yes! Carolina knew that and handled it just fine! Pix are superb!

Christin Pounds said...

Oh, she is soooo pretty. Looks just like you. What a great smile. Looks just like you :) I know it makes you sad to imagine her crying that night, but --- AWESOME.

Sarah E said...

Definitely NOT the worst mom ever...glad you're getting more rest now, though! I love white noise machines...totally borrowed one right after Mike left cuz I couldn't quiet my mind and wasn't used to being alone yet. Love reading your blog, btw!

Mother/Mimi said...

If you are the worst mom there is no hope for all the other children of the world.