Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Here are the kids in their red, white, and blue for the fourth of July. Maggie actually said, "I just need to wear something blue because I have red hair and my skin is white." We couldn't get one good photo of everyone so here are the two best ones. Since I don't know how to use photoshop, just use your imagination and try to combine the best of both into one perfect shot, ha! With two thumb sucking babies it's hard to get a photo of both of them without their thumbs in their mouths.
In this one Finn is mimicking me trying to get everyone to smile. He's throwing his arms up and saying, "Hooray!"
We actually didn't do anything special for July 4th this year because we had a fun-filled, celebratory day on July 3rd. The suburb my dad lives in (where I grew up) has a country club that does a fantastic firework show on July 3rd. My dad's house is perched high on a hill with a perfect view of these fireworks so my sister, Erin, and I, each invited a few friends over and we had a cookout/swim/firework watching party. Wasn't that nice of my dad and his wife, Elizabeth, to let us plus a combined 11 children age 8 and younger come and invade their house? It was a blast (pun not intended; I realized after I typed it but I decided to leave it). Now we're just trying to convince my dad to make it an annual tradition.
I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay! I'm so excited that she was able to wear LK's 4th of July dress from last year. So cute!!! I get so happy every time I see sweet Carolina in some of LK's clothes. Love it!