Since Maggie's preschool isn't a normal preschool (if you don't remember it's a home preschool at a dear friend of ours who has her Master's in education), there aren't really "summer holidays". I could have let her go straight through until the first day of kindergarten if I wanted to.We ended up taking part of May off because we were in Texas for two weeks, and then I took all of July off because she had art camp one week, soccer clinic the next, and I wanted to have some down time at home before kindergarten. However, Maggie's BFF, Riley, is moving to Africa in February so I wanted them to have one last week at school together before that happens.
You can see the photo of her first day of school here. I can't believe how much she's grown.We still don't know exactly where she's going to go to school. I ended up enrolling her in a school we've heard good things about. They have more seats than students enrolled so that's how we were able to swing it. It's about 25 minutes from our house and I have to get on the interstate to take her there. It's going to be fine for her, I think, but it is a big bummer to think about having to spend close to two hours in the car every day with Finn and Carolina. We are still holding out hope that she'll get into our first choice of a magnet school and we may find out that she got in to one of them on the first three days of school, in which case we'd pull her from this other school. And our final option, if we don't get into the magnet school and end up not being happy with the 25-minute-away school, then I'll pull her out and home school her. It's not perfect, but it's a plan! So please, will you pray that she will get into the school that's our first choice? It may seem like a small thing but it's a big thing to us.
Oh, and this Tuesday we have "Meet Your Teacher" night, followed by school supply shopping, and then the first day of school is a half day on Thursday. Exciting times!
No comments:
Post a Comment