Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Dollhouse (exterior)

All right, here are the last of the dollhouse photos for now (at least until we get some furniture; I may have to show that off).
Here it is from the front. I'm sorry but I have to point out all the tedious details that made me want to kill someone while working on it. First of all, not only did I have to individually glue on a million shake shingles, there are "regular" shakes and "fancy" shakes. As a side note, I think the word "fancy" is a really funny word unless it's being used by little girls. Have you ever noticed that the Cracker Barrel Menu says everything is fancy, like "fancy, Grade A eggs"? It's Cracker Barrel, how fancy can it be?! So the "fancy" shakes have rounded bottoms and go on the triangular sections. Then, please notice that there are about a million pieces of trim that had to be cut out, trimmed, sanded, and painted (I did two different colors of trim but I'll take the blame for that choice). The porch (as well as the entire first floor) has tiny strips of hardwood floor, and I've already shown you the insanity of the brick along the foundation. Also, the windows all either swing or slide open. One of them has already broken. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a construction worker after all.
And yes, that is a giant, orange Easter egg inside the top left window. What else would there be in a dollhouse?
Here's just another photo to show another side. The top window swings and the bottom window slides.
All right, I think the dollhouse has been sufficiently covered now!

1 comment:

Lindsay S said...

I'm so proud of you Court! You have worked so long and hard on this, and it looks great!