Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finn is one! (Part II)

All right, so here are the actual people photos! I'll start with a photo of two grandmas loving their grandson.
Here's another cute one with the birthday boy and Mimi.
This one is really similar but he looked so cute I can't help but post it:

We got to enjoy our new deck for the party:
Finn was pretty interested in his cupcake right away. He looked at it for 1.5 seconds, then picked it up and dove right into it. I didn't do anything special for his cupcake (i.e. low-protein) as it fit into his diet as is. Actually, this will show you how I've loosened up with raising two kids: for Maggie's first birthday cake she actually ate a bran muffin with low-sugar homemade whipped cream because I was really trying to be healthy with her. Finn got a regular (homemade) chocolate cupcake with regular (homemade) buttercream! Sorry, Maggie! I love how excited she is watching him eat it.
He got pretty messy, as everyone was hoping:After we got him cleaned up from the cupcake fun it was time to open presents!
But he really wasn't that interested in presents; he preferred playing with everyone (especially his Uncle Chris). (Man, if someone was making that face at me trying to get me to walk over, I'd do it!)
asdf Finn received this cute shirt from his Aunt Erin and her family, which happened to be the same shirt Finn's cousin Jack was wearing at the party, which explains why I look so excited about the shirt. They'll be cute when they match.
And one of my favorite presents of the night was from some of our best friends, the Duprees, who made this artwork for his wall. Isn't it adorable?!
Now, I'm having trouble with blogger so I may be adding more photos later...check back and see! (PS- Thanks Benton for taking all the great photos!)

2 comments:

Kevin and Christin Pounds said...

that picture of Finn chomping down on the cupcake is hilarious! And Maggie thinks so too, haha. He is sooooo cute, there are not enough o's.

Lindsay S said...

I'm so loving it.. well, actually, i'm thinking i SO wish we could have been there. love you guys!