Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First we have to get in love...

Maggie LOVES brides and weddings, like many young girls, but I think she's even more into it because I do wedding flowers and I love weddings, too. So we talk about it more than most people, I think. Anyway, in one of our conversations about weddings we started talking about who she would marry and I said, "I think it's really good to marry someone who's your best friend." She took that to heart and a few days later decided she needed to marry Caleb, one of her best friends. She told me she wanted to ask him to marry her and so, being the modern girl I am, I told her to go for it (and I also added that she would need to wait until she grows up to get married). Last week after my Bible study she told me that she had in fact asked him to marry her and he said yes! But there was just one problem. He told her that first they needed to get in love. But the good news is that once they get in love and get married they can have kids and maybe even a dog. Maggie told me (with total excitement and acting as if it's going to be next week), "I really hope we can get a dog!"
So now Maggie is telling people that she and Caleb just need to grow up and get in love, and then they're going to get married! If only it were that easy...

3 comments:

Lindsay S said...

So... How does Grant feel about this? Has he had a talk with caleb? :) That is too cute!

Unknown said...

So CUTE!

Kevin and Christin Pounds said...

this is really great, maybe she is on to something. Oh wait, i'm sure glad that I didn't marry the first boy I asked when I was 5. I