Like all of my other babies, Carolina doesn't love her car seat, which is a huge pain during the two hours we spend in the car Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays driving Maggie to school in Franklin (thirty minutes each way in the morning and afternoon). Luckily we just started carpooling with a boy who lives down the street from us, so we'll have to make that trip half as often now.
She still sleeps 3-4 hour chunks during the night, which is pretty manageable. I'll be excited when she drops a feeding though!
I think having Carolina has really brought out the best in Maggie. She wants to hold her all the time and she loves doing little things to help with her. I think if we had had another boy this would not be the case. She's sooooo excited to have a little sister. And check out Carolina's dress in the photo above. My friend Elizabeth MADE IT! I'm so impressed. She even has her own labels to sew inside.Here's a photo of Carolina that I took with my Hipstamatic app for my iPhone. I love the way it makes it look vintage-y (is that a word?!).
Here's another Hipstamatic of Finn, sleeping in his car seat. While I hate it when he falls asleep in the car (messes up his nap), I love taking photos of him sleeping. I think my kids are awesome and super cute when they're awake, but when they're sleeping...the cuteness takes me over the edge!
Finally, these last two photos are in the "Little Lady" photo series:) The way she has her hands folded under her chin just looks so ladylike. What can I say?! We're already working on her manners.
Here's the second in the series. First of all, she always scrunches over so that her face is right next to the edge of the bassinet. I guess she's trying to recreate the tightness of the womb? Anyway, I went in to the room while she was sleeping and found that her feet had escaped from the swaddle. To me it looked so ladylike to have her tiny feet crossed, especially with the Mary Jane socks she's wearing.
We all know Carolina is a big baby. She was 9 lbs, 3 oz at birth and at her two week appointment she was already up to 10 pounds. I think Maggie was 3 months old before she weighed that much! It's so weird to me to have had one baby girl be so little and now one that's so big. I think she'll probably even out down the road, but everyone always comments that she looks older than she is because she's so big. One of my friends saw her and said, "That's a big lady you've got there," which just makes me laugh when I think about it. So I guess I should start calling her my big lady? On second thought, "little lady" just has a much nicer ring to it. I think I'll stick with that.
2 comments:
she might be a "big lady" but she's so cute!!!
She's so precious! I always love seeing your pictures. I'm glad going from two to three hasn't been too bad of an adjustment for you. It was for me! It think it was because the kids finally out-numbered the parents!
Post a Comment