Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Funny Maggie Sayings

I've got so many funny Maggie sayings that I thought I'd devote a whole post to them.

First of all, Maggie calls Finn "bruddy" which is a combination of "brother" and "buddy." Super cute.

Tonight while we were driving Maggie said, "I'm having some refreshments. That's a fancy word for snack!"
We said, "That's great, Maggie!"
She said, "Yep. I'm having some nose refreshments!"
We laughed, thinking, "Isn't she silly?!"
A few minutes later she said, "I'm fishing for some nose refreshments!"
Um. Does that mean what I think it means?
Yep. "Nose refreshments" = "boogers".
Also, "nose refreshments" = "not so fancy after all".

The rest of the stories are all Christmas-related, FYI.

Christmas Eve Maggie woke up around 4:30am and came into our room. I was afraid she'd realize it was Christmas morning and be unable to go back to sleep so I helped her as quickly as possible and Grant put her back in bed. Then, Christmas morning, Maggie was looking at her stocking and pulling out the Hello Kitty slippers that peeked over the top, and she said, "I saw these stockings last night when I got up but I tried not to look at them because I wanted it to be a surprise!" I'm so impressed by her self-control. I'm pretty sure she didn't learn that from me.

Earlier in December Maggie and I were shopping and found ourselves surrounded by Christmas lingerie. You know the type - red, gauzy, with white faux fur. Maggie pointed right at one and said, "OH! That's for mamas who want to look like Santa!"

We were listening to Christmas music and one of my favorite songs came on, "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm". Maggie said, "Wait a second. What did that song say?"
We said, "It said, 'I've got my love to keep me warm."
Maggie said, "Hmmm...I don't think that'll keep her very warm."

Enjoy!

No comments: